A Guidebook for Residents in Dubai, Ejari, 2022
Ejari is indeed the Dubai government’s tenancy contract attestation and registration system. It’s a system that can be perplexing to newcomers in Dubai and can even catch long-term citizens off guard.
We’ve created a complete guide that includes the latest modifications to the process that many other articles on the internet do not.
What exactly is Ejari?
Why would I need to register for Ejari?
- The Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) requires the Ejari certificate in order to open an account. This means that if you do not have the Ejari license, you may be without water and electricity when you move in.
- Before issuing access cards, A/C connections, or moving permits, many building and community management businesses will require an Ejari certificate.
- If the tenancy contract was not recorded with Ejari, the local courts can not hear the case.
How is Ejari fulfilled?
1. It is done by the homeowner or a property management company.
2. The tenant electronically registers the contract.
This is a new system that can be implemented using the “Dubai REST” app, known as the actual government real estate app. If the homeowner is tech-savvy enough to download the app, the process is simple. If the landlord is unavailable or is unable to do so, it must be done personally.
3. The tenant personally registers the contract.
Ejari has five locations in Dubai. When the tenant comes with the necessary documents, a receptionist will review them, enter them into the system, and issue you an Ejari certificate on the place.
If your real estate agent has provided you with the necessary documents, the process should be relatively painless. There are, however, numerous pitfalls, and if a problem arises, it can be a major time sink and even cause delays in moving in and/or connecting utilities.
Is it possible to register Ejari online?
Yes, but only as a tenant can you do so via the Dubai REST smartphone app Any third-party websites claiming to be able to help you with this are either old-fashioned or fraudulent. They can only check that you have the necessary documents before instructing you to go to register the contract in person.
How to Operate Ejari App
The official Dubai Land Department app is the Dubai REST app, which is available for Android on the Play Store and for iOS on the iTunes Store. It includes the Ejari service among its many functions.
You must register for the service using your Emirates ID, and the app will move you through the document uploading process. You will be asked to pay the Ejari fee, which is approximately AED 200.
The service is still in its early stages, and it will require the landlord to use the app to approve the application, The approval is expected to take a maximum of two days.
Ejari performed in person
Ejari is currently processed by five government offices in Dubai. There is no need for an appointment; simply show up with the required documents (listed below) and you will be issued a ticket. Depending on the time of day, wait times range from 5 to 45 minutes. It takes about 10 minutes to complete the process once your ticket is called.
Barsha Mall, Al Barsha 2
Al Manara Centre, Al Safa, adjacent to Noor Bank Metro Station
Al Kifaf Centre, Za’abeel, Bur Dubai, next to Al Jaffliya Metro Station
Takhlees Government Services Creek Tower is located on Baniyas Road in Deira.
Fixit Government Services Building 33, Oud Metha, Dubai Healthcare City
The most recent requirements are:
- Original signed tenancy agreement (or a high-quality scan if the landlord is unavailable in person).
- Emirates ID of the tenant
- Copy of the tenant’s passport and visa
- Landlord’s passport photocopy with visible signature
- The homeowner provided a copy of the title deed.
- A fee of approximately AED 220, payable by card.
- Only a copy of a recent DEWA “green bill” is required for renewals. This is for matching your DEWA charges to your rent, which may have risen (or fallen!).
Experience the Best of Luxury Living: Real Estate Dubai
Step into a world of luxury with real estate in Dubai. From chic urban apartments to dazzling villas, each home
Dubai marina’s new luxurious project ( Liv Lux )
EFFORTLESS LIVING WITH FANTASTIC VIEWS Elegance meets optimal functionality to become your ultimate sanctuary. Each expansive residence features flowing, open-concept
Is Dubai market sustainable ?
The Resurgence of the Dubai Property Market – Is It Sustainable? The real estate market in Dubai recorded growth in